Sunday, October 7, 2012

            There was a time when it was hard to show the world a little bit of who you are, and what you have to share. A time, in which, images were harder to obtain. Places to go, and things to observe, were in far off places that you could only imagine. You only knew of things that were in your environment, and the only way that you learned of these far off things would have been through stories and travelers. Then came along photographs. An incredible invention that allows things in real life to become recreated into a paper form to be shared with people who may not be able to see things in the photograph unless they were there. Then, pictures went digital, and the Internet was created. All of these inventions have helped people connect with each other.
            Everyday, I see images that inspire me. And everyday, I try to spread some of these images. Every afternoon, after class, I go back to my dorm room on the 18th floor, and I open up my laptop. I usually check my email, and then I log into Pinterest. Pinterest has evolved into my creative inspirational hub. I use Pinterest to gather my personal thoughts in the form of images. I also use Pinterest to be inspired and share my inspiration with my followers, and their followers as well. I share the inspirational images that I find through pinning. Pinning is something that is kind of personal to me. I don't just pin everything I see. I pin things that have personal meaning to me, or inspire me to become a better version of myself and improve my life. Although I love to pin now, it wasn't always that way. 
            When I first made my Pinterest account, I was intimidated by pinning. Like I said, you are sharing a part of yourself with your followers. I've never really been too great with expressing my feelings, and sharing my personal thoughts and likings intimidated me. Pinning is exactly what I thought I was never good at, which is sharing myself to others. Pinning would mean that I would have to break out of my inner shell. One day, I realized that these amazing images I found around the Internet should be shared with everyone. I realized that I needed to come out of my shell and express myself. I realized that a great way to share inspiration with others was through Pinterest. I believe in spreading inspiration. When you inspire someone, they may just break out of their shell, they may learn something new about themselves, and they may go on to inspire other people in their own way. What on Earth would the world be without inspired and inspiring people?



No comments:

Post a Comment