Friday, September 21, 2012


Name: Chloe Fields                                                                                                Section: 17

Title of Speech:

Intro:
I. Attention Catcher: All of us here can read. Not only can we read, but we all love to read. You think you don't?

II. Listener Relevance Link: We read daily. If you didn't know how to read, you wouldn't be sitting here right now.

III. Speaker Credibility: How do I know that we all love to read? Well… We love being informed by the daily things that get us around in life, but not only that, all of us enjoy reading for pleasure. It might not be in the same form, some of us like to read our friends/favorite celebs tweets, some of us like to text, and some of us like to read books for pleasure. I would include myself in all 3 of those categories. I love to read. I read every day

IV. Thesis: Although, I enjoy reading in most forms, I especially love reading books. I mainly enjoy fictional stories. However, although I love to read, I absolutely HATE carrying books. I refuse to bring a book anywhere, except for schoolwork. Books just get in the way. The end up being too heavy and too large, and it’s just not worth it to carry a book around all day. So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my secret love, my kindle.

V. Preview: I cannot live without my Kindle. It is my gateway to books on the go. It helps me fall deep into a story outside of my own home.

Body:

I. So, whats so great about a Kindle?
            1. It's paperless. Saving the environment.
            2. It's extremely portable and lightweight. Saving my energy
            3. Reads just like a book.
            5. The device is relatively expensive. I’m a college student.

Transition: Sounds more convenient, but...

II. Why choose a Kindle over a real book?
Listener Relevance Link: Let's face it: carrying books around sucks. Even storing books at home can be a pain. Eventually, youre going to have to build a bookcase..
            A. My Kindle provides me with an effortless reading experience.
                        1. The device is extremely lightweight. There is absolutely no strain from holding up my kindle for hours on end, unlike a real book.
                        2. I can hold about 2,000 books on my Kindle. Can you imagine carrying 2,000 books around with you at all times? No. Not likely.
                        3. Not only is it lightweight, but also the print is just as crisp, if not more crisp and polished than an actual book. Super clear, and super easy to read.
            B. Hey, buying books on my Kindle is actually cheaper than buying hardback books and paperbacks!
                        1. Not only are the books cheaper but my Kindle comes equipped with 3G built in, for no additional cost! Well, what does this mean? It means I can buy books anywhere that I can get service. Instant books in my hands.

Transition: All right, so you know a little bit about why I need my Kindle, but is there more?

III. What can a Kindle do?
            A. With my Kindle, all of my reading needs are satisfied.
                        1. I can read books. Yes. True. And?
                I can highlight.
                Get instant dictionary definitions
                Bookmark pages
            B. My Kindle also comes equipped with a battery life that can last up to two months, depending on if I’m using wi-fi or 3G, and how much you read. I find myself that my battery life lasts way too long for me to track.

IV. So, what are some other perks of using a Kindle?
            A. Amazon. That's it.
                        1. Amazon has incredible customer service.
                        2. The shipping is so fast. I’ve gotten packages concerning my Kindle within a day with free shipping. Not kidding.
                        3. Amazon has provided Kindle users with a huge book store, loaded with over a million books.
                        4. Although I absolutely adore my Kindle, and the experience that comes with it, it’s not durable. I’ve had 2 Kindles replace, but Amazon made the experience very amazing and replaced both of the Kindles for free within that first year.


Transition: All right, so now you know why I need my Kindle in my life. It's extremely convenient to carry on the go, I love to read, and it's an amazing product for people with needs like me.

Conclusion:
I. Restatement of Thesis: My Kindle isn't so much of a secret now that I've shared why I love it, and why you should think about getting one as well. I hate carrying books. I like to carry as little as possible, but having a book around is a really great thing when you want to pass some time.

II. Summary of Main Points: Why is my Kindle so amazing? It opens up opportunities for me to read on the go, or at home, comfortably. It leads me into a world of books, without the inconvenience of not being able to take a couple hundred books around with me, and without the high price tag on normal, printed books.

III. Clincher: Hopefully now, you may understand why I always carry my Kindle with me and why I can’t live without it. 

Sources:
My sources either came from my personal knowledge and experience using a Kindle, or from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OZNZG0/ref=sv_kstore_0.

No comments:

Post a Comment